8 million people suffer from chronic wounds, and that number is quickly growing due to an aging population and an increase in diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Wound Care at Rawlins County Health Center
The wound care program at RCHC is designed to help patients with chronic, hard to heal wounds. Each patient is evaluated and a customized treatment plan is designed to suit individual needs.
Lead Provider Kyle Herspring PA-C
Lead Nurse Vicki Reuber RN
Nurse Julie Juenemann RN
Technician Earla Connell CNA
Each of our medical professionals is extensively trained in advanced wound care techniques.
Types of Wounds We Treat
Our comprehensive wound care facility has the state of the art supplies and highly-trained staff who specialize in tending wounds such as:
- Diabetic foot or leg wounds
- Lower leg wounds from poor circulation
- Chronic soft tissue infections
- Radiation tissue damage
- Complication of skin grafts or flaps
- Other conditions which could lead to amputation if not treated.
Are you a candidate for specialized wound care?
If you suffer from a chronic wound, ask your physician about a referral to our Wound Care Center, or contact us directly for an assessment. If you are a candidate for this outpatient program, the Wound Care team will immediately work with you and your doctor to deliver the following:
- Advanced therapies
- Proven clinical protocols
- An individualized, comprehensive plan of care
- Assessments and ongoing care by our highly skilled team of wound care specialists
- Education for you and your family to include wound prevention, nutrition, and hygiene to help the healing process at home.
Since problem wounds are rarely the result of a single cause, we treat the whole person, not just the wound. We consider psychological, social and physical factors as well in order to develop the best treatment plan. We work closely with your primary care or referring physician to ensure the best possible outcome. We also place a major emphasis on education, teaching you how to care for your injury to enhance the healing process.
For more information about Rawlins County Health Center’s Wound Care Center or to make an appointment, please call (877)295-2273 or visit restorixhealth.com