Hospital Mission Statement
To improve the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities we serve.
To Set the Standard for Patient – Centered Quality Healthcare.
Our Location | Maps
Sharon K. Cox, FACHE
Chief Executive Officer
Sharon Cox is currently Chief Executive Officer for Rawlins County Health Center. She is an executive healthcare leader with success in rural and urban hospital systems. Sharon is a highly effective team motivator and leader and is known for her ability to assess and resolve complex wide-ranging issues.
Sharon has a Master’s degree in Management from Regis University in Denver and a Bachelor’s degree in Education from the University of Northern Colorado. She also has a Certificate in Negotiation Skills from MIT-Harvard.
Sharon is a board certified Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives and serves on the Board of the Kansas Association of Healthcare Executives.
Sharon is currently a member of a special Kansas task force seeking to establish a new osteopathic medical school to include rural training sites. Recently, Sharon has served as Chairperson for the Kansas Hospital Association Workforce Technical Advisory Group and as a member of the Rural Health Visioning Technical Advisory Group.
Along with her professional responsibilities, she has been active in local and state volunteer opportunities including the Greeley Philharmonic Orchestra Guild and two Washington state gubernatorial appointments.
Sharon enjoys sharing time with family and friends and travel.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact the Sharon via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rawlins County Health Center – History
Rawlins County Health Center History
Rawlins County Hospital began as an idea that originated in the Atwood Rotary Club through the untiring efforts of Dr. C.E. Henneberger, M.D. The facility opened in 1950 as Rawlins County Hospital. The hospital was leased to and operated by the Sisters of St. Joseph until 1969 when Rawlins County Hospital, Inc., a private, non-profit corporation was formed for the purpose of leasing and operating the hospital.